You Better Have Faith, Because Luck Runs Out!

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Time Flies ~

Time Flies ~


Well, sorry it has been such a long time since an update! It feels like so much has gone on and for some reason, I really can’t think of it all. Easter was WONDERFUL, Mk had a one of a kind dress on, thanks to Jamie at Fabric Yarn and Designs (http://www.etsy.com/shop/FabricYarnAndDesign) and felt like a total princess. Poor daddy had to spend Easter on the ship, so after dinner with some great friends we took him dinner and visited for awhile. After Easter Joe’s ship was out to sea during the week, home on Saturday and he had to report back to work on Sunday. I guess this would be considered “normal” and even acceptable (for a military family), if we weren’t in the process of moving. We have been in Virginia 1 year, as of next week, and have moved yet AGAIN. Overall, the move will be a positive one, if I can ever get things situated (Is there such thing?). The dogs will now have a big back yard to run and play in (which means more poop to pickup for me…SORRY, I forgot to stay positive). The “madness” of the move is in the home stretch and I can see light at the end of the tunnel (oh wait, maybe that is just the flash light I had to use for 3 days b/c the power people….well, I am sure you can guess what I was thinking). Bless Mk’s heart; she has been absolutely WONDERFUL during this whole “experience”. Only a couple melt downs and 1 splinter incident that caused for a 1 hour “pep talk” to let us use tweezers to pull it out. If I had my video camera ready, we would be on Americas Funniest Home Videos right now (yes, she milked it and yes daddy fell for it).

If moving a house wasn’t enough my job has just completed 1 of 2 moves. We are in a “temporary” location until we are told to move (Men can’t make-up their minds on the perfect building). So, we will carry-on with daily business as usual. As a good friend would say SSDD (Same Shit Different Day). But hey, I like routine and even a little obsessed with the whole idea, just ask Joe.

This past weekend we were invited to go to the circus. One of my friends at work, her roommate in college (you get that), ran off and joined the circus (Now, how many people can say that). Anyway, we had the opportunity to go back stage and get up close and personal with the animals. Her friend “handles” the lions (term “handles” used very, ummm loosely) and fed them while we were there. For all you PETA activist, I will have you know that those animals eat better than we do. Only USDA Grade A Beef. Matter of Fact, the trainers/feeders, etc… have to keep locks on all their food b/c it will mysteriously disappear. Yes, I know, in the end they are wild animals and every caution needs to be taken and care is of utmost importance.

So, as I sit here typing up the “update” in the back of my mind I am saying…. “You know how much stuff you have to do…” Not even the house, but Princess Mk’s Birthday is this weekend and she is going to be 5!! I cannot believe it. To help celebrate the weekend G.G, Aunt Moe, Landon, Uncle Luke, Aunt Tiffany and “new” Baby Preston will be here. Now, you see, try fitting all that in a house full of boxes. We are having an “Ice Cream Social” Birthday party at the Fun Forest Park. Well, we hope anyway. AFTER the invitations went to print, “breaking” news that night on Wavy 10 (news station) “Fun Forest Burns Down”. No, the whole “Forest” was not burnt down, just parts. However, this calls for MUCH needed extra planning on my part (Scavenger Hunts, Art Activities, etc...). So, as you can see the Huett household will be extremely busy, but filled with family and who could ask for more!!

Just one request, please keep the Cagel Family in your prayers. They are on a journey that needs prayers!!

~W.O
You Better Have Faith Because Luck Runs Out





Circus (Cricket The Clown)

1 comment:

  1. Meg, I am sorry but I totally lol'd when you said the party place burned down. I know that's not really funny but WHAT are the chances!!

    Good luck with the move!
    Aloha,
    Cris

    ReplyDelete