You Better Have Faith, Because Luck Runs Out!

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Dear, Mr. Day Light Savings

Let me ask you this, Mr. Day Light Savings (yeah, "Mr." b/c only a male would come up with such a stupid idea as "loosing" an hour) have you ever tried putting a 4yr old to bed while it is still light out.  Well, if not.... It ain't easy and here is how it went;

7:30pm - Mk; "Mommy, why are those kids still playing outside."
               Mommy; "I'm not sure, they might be older.
               Mk; "well, you know I am going to be 5 in April, so I will be older too...Can I stay up"
               Mommy; We will see, GoodNight!

8:00pm - Mk; "Mommy, is tomorrow Monday"
               Mommy; "Yes, why are you still awake
               Mk; "My babies wanted to know, b/c they are feeling sick"
               Mommy; "put the babies to sleep and you go to sleep"

8:30p.m. - Mk; "Mommy, after Monday it's Tuesday, Right?"
                 Mommy; Why are you still talking to me
                 Mk; Well, I think it is morning b/c it is still light out.
                 Mommy; Don't make me come up stairs
                 Mk; So, I don't have to get up yet and get dressed
                 Mommy; GOOOD NIGHT!

9:00p.m. - Mk; Ok mommy it's dark now, so I will go to sleep.
                 Mk; Mommy, did you hear that? I said I am going to sleep.
                 Mk; MOMMY, I AM TALKING TO YOU!

Well, as you can see I did not answer the "finally" plea from a 4yr old and sure enough, she was out. So, Mr. Day Light Savings, I am not a fan of yours or the idealist approach "we" seem to follow.  Now, as I  sit here and try to "makeup" for the "lost hour", Shoving my face with a half of a brownie and a cup of tea for dinner (totally not the right "cruise diet") I am hoping the morning will proceed smoothly (one can hope right).

Overall though, it was a good weekend.  Joe was able to be home (on Saturday) and spent the morning with Mk. I ran errands, worked out and tried to get a head start on Mk's birthday decorations (Stay-tuned for the invite sample).  With 5hrs and counting until the alarm goes off, I must go!

Sweet Dreams
-W.O.
You better have faith, because luck runs out


 

No comments:

Post a Comment