You Better Have Faith, Because Luck Runs Out!

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Ice Ice Baby


When your alarm clock starts off with “Ice Ice Baby”, you know it is going to be one of those days.  Needless to say, Mk and I started the day off in a rushed state of mind.   After we practically inhaled smoothies and put the dogs up, we made a mad dash to school and work. 

Ah, work… A couple of us are working on manuals (trust me, I won’t bore you with the details) that are very tedious and time consuming.  You take the tedious work combine that with fluorescent lights and wallpaper from the 20’s, you have the makings of a migraine. 

Right now we are renting a town home in a little community, which I really do like.  However, you know the one thing that can totally change that? Yep, an ignorant property manager.  One of the “luxuries” of renting is when something breaks, you pickup the phone and call the property manager.  Well, in our case, we get a voice mail and a returned phone calls “questioning how broken is it”… Are you serious?? Oh well, we will be moving once again in April.  I mean, I just wouldn’t know how to act if we didn’t pickup and move every other year.

So, after a rushed day, ignorant landlords and a migraine, to the gym I went.  Going to the gym or yoga studio is a total release of everything for that hour and a half.  Nothing to stress about, worry about or plan (well, I am always planning my next step, so that isn’t all the way true).  For example; I was planning on how long it would take me to pick up Mk, get her changed for ballet and to the dance studio before 6pm (when it was already 5:30).

After a long day and extremely exhausted mommy, I am finally off to bed (of course after Idol).  As I walk up the stairs to check on Mk one last time and see her peacefully sleeping while Metallica Lullabies’ play in the back ground, everything is put back into perspective.


--W.O.
You better have faith, because luck runs out    

No comments:

Post a Comment